We are an industry leader in the design, deployment and support of custom recycling equipment, including shredders, presses, conveying and sorting systems, and our clients include some of the largest manufacturers and processors in the UK.
We are looking for a field sales representative, located in the Yorkshire area, to combine technical knowledge with sales skills. The balance depends on the level of technical knowledge and understanding we believe they need to sell the products we offer and to respond to clients’ queries.
If you have previous sales experience with recycling or industrial equipment, we encourage you to apply for this position.
The sales representative’s day-to-day tasks are not limited to, but include:
- Generating new leads.
- Travelling to visit clients and prospective clients.
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, long-term relationships with customers.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements.
- Calculating client quotations.
- Negotiating tender and contract terms.
- Providing after-sales support services.
- Maintaining client accounts.
- Analysing sales and preparing reports.
- Meeting regular sales targets.
- Co-ordinating sales projects.
- Supporting marketing, including attending trade shows and conferences.
- Producing technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Liaising regularly with other team members.
- Helping in the design of custom-made products.
- Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
The hours are full-time, with the requirement to work flexibly to account for irregular hours, such as travelling. Based at your home office, the hours will be split between remote working and visiting clients.
It is expected that the successful candidate should have:
- Proven sales history.
- A solid technical background.
- Sound judgement and good business sense.
- The ability to work both as a team and independently.
- The ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resilience and tenacity.
- A pro-active approach to work.
- Competency in Microsoft applications, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A full driving licence.
To apply, send us your CV and covering letter to email@example.com